View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 12:33 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member
Vehicle: Ram
ExpensiveToys is an unknown quantity at this point

My interactions with the TLC folks has always been spectacular. I mean I emailed them with a problem at 10:00pm on a saturday night, the weekend after the fourth of july....and got a response saying hey its late, but we think we have a solution and they called me back on Sunday. They had parts shipped that Monday and had parts on Wednesday.

I had the system for a 1500 that bags bolted to axle, and had a plate on top of the bag that had a little metal piece that fit inside the cup that you remove the bump stops from. It kept popping out and going crooked on rough roads.

What they shipped me out were new top plates that attached to the bags and clamps around the bump stop cups. So am not running a full update kit. (if there is such a thing)

I have the bags bolted to the plate and to the cup on the top, and its still bolted to my original plate on bottom so I still have air coming out the bottom. Everything seems to be working well since I got things fixed.
Its great that their an American company who cares about their product and is trying to improve on it and address customer concerns. My only concern is that the product is going through many revisions. Some being minor improvements and others being major changes because old design was failing under some conditions. So we have people on the forums potentially running who knows how many different configuration (based on when they bought it) of the product. And there is no easy way to know if they are running a configuration that is prone to failure and that an update or improvement is available to fix the problem before an outright failure occurs.