View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 01:13 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram RCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:539
BlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioFlyer View Post
I heard the eight speed hemis were coming out in mid November. Till then I wouldn't touch a new hemi truck with a six speed. It's the same ole same ole funky gear ratio spread too far apart. You'll be super more than happy you waited for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
I'm not sure if the 8 speed is paired with the hemi yet(don't think it is) but the 5/6 speed (65rfe/545rfe) is a great transmission. While I agree it has a funky gear spread, it is pretty decent and adequate. It holds up well with stock or slightly modified power levels, and gets the job done just fine(especially with 3.92's). Some say this trans is horrible and sucks, and while I agree that I'd choose the gear spread of the new 8 speed, the "old" 6 speed is NOT a bad transmission. If I were you, I'd buy the truck.

The Hemi 8 Speeds have been out since May 2013

...couple members here decided to pit a 6/speed with 3.55 against the 8 speed with 3.21 gears at the track and they were almost dead even.

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=143891

...an 8 speed with 3.92's would kick ass!

Murdered.. Lowered.. Alcohol Injected ..Blowered! 500WHP