View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 01:43 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram Sport 5.7
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:202
sullivan has a spectacular aura aboutsullivan has a spectacular aura aboutsullivan has a spectacular aura about

I fixed it myself by ripping out the crappy ebay hid harness and building my own relay using 5 pin relays. I put the lows on their own relay and the highs on its own relay. They worked fine except for one issue at this point. When you turned the highs on the lowes would cut out. Not sure why the system (TIPM) doesn't trigger both to be on at the same time. So I had to take a trip to Radioshack for a diode, soldered the diode between the high trigger wire and the low trigger white at the relay side. This made it so when you turn on the low beams the highs don't turn on, but when you turn the highs on the low beams turn on. It was a fun project, learned how to use relays more, and this was the first time learning about using a diode. Just bought a bunch more relays, about to go have some fun with them later.
06' Sport - 3.92 Gears - Superchips - Bilstein Shocks - HellWig Anti-Sway Bar - Cooper Zeon LTZ - Viper Alarm & Remote Start - Halo Projector Lights - 5k HID Lows & Fogs - Custom Emblems - Magnaflow - CAI