Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 RAM Laramie LongHorn Mega
Trim Level: LaramieLongHorn Mega
Color: bright white
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:10
semlohde is on a distinguished road
Default 65 mile transmission dead and they're "looking" for one

I've whined in other threads but - I bought a '13 MegaCab Laramie LongHorn 2500 Cummins on the July 20th. Drove home and the next morning started out and transmission died. They found metal and jelly in it - total miles are 65. I talked with the tech and he said it was full of some unknown thick jelly!!! So everyone is being VERY nice. But when I ask WHY am I not getting the very next transmission off the line - CHECKED LIKE THE PLANT MANAGER WILL BE FIRED IF ITS BAD - all I get is I don't know.

So can someone explain why when a major component is bad, and all agree get a new one - the next produced isn't mine! I asked the case manager this and the email is 4 days old with no answer. I mean, isn't the plant making transmissions? Like more than one a week? And aren't most going to a truck that's going to sit on a lot for a few months while mine is backed to the wall waiting for "someone" to "find" a transmission? Where are they going to just "find" one, in the back corner of a run down abandoned Pure gas station? I was told they are back ordered and I was number 13, expected date is August 27th. Rest assured that ALL the joy of this expensive purchase is just a bad experience now, and they sold my trade yesterday. Dealer is great, he's got to wait also.
Sponsored links