Old 08-01-2013, 12:02 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2007 dodge power wagon
Trim Level: power wagon
Color: black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:68
mb power wagon will become famous soon enough

if your flushing the engine and your pulling the t-stat put the hose into where the t-stat goes into the engine. if your pulling the lower rad hose put it back on and fill the engine but leave the drain tap on the rad open there is no need to run the engine. but you can if you like. but like simpleguy said don't run it long. the water don't have the pump lubrication. after you get clear water running out of the rad drain tap pull the lower rad hose and check to see if any debris is in the water. after your satisfied the engine is flushed.

try back flushing the rad. that is where most build up happens and reduces cooling.
don't forget to back flush the heater core as well. i back flushed my rad 4 months ago and i was amazed how much came out of the heater core and how much more heat i got out of the heater core. it dramatically dropped my engine running temp as well. also like simpleguy said regular water is fine for flushing. just not for mixing with coolant. distilled water is needed for the 50/50 mix your gonna use. i prefer to run 60/40 mix but i also get colder temps in winter where i am.

Last edited by mb power wagon; 08-01-2013 at 12:05 PM. Reason: add