View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 05:27 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:1990
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

Did your kit come with the new style sway bar links or the old style? There are two different ones... If you snap a quick picture I'll be able to tell.

I've followed along with the problems you've been having with the RCX kit and there's a couple points I feel need to be said regarding your experience and these issues. I'm not trying to call you out completely but that part of it will be there as well as a warning to other people who might order this kit and install it themselves.
First off, do your research. Before you ordered the kit you should have known that the diff drop brackets and front drive shaft spacer are different for a 2012 than a 2009-2011. You should have been aware of the different part numbers for the two kits as well. That way when it showed up at your door you would have been able to tell if it was correct or not before you ever opened up the box.
Second, if you don't know anything about suspension setup, pinion angles and all that it probably isn't the smartest idea to be installing your own kit. Yes everyone expects the kit to come with the right stuff and just bolt up and work. But it's not always like that. When you're doing such a big mod like a suspension lift you need to know a little bit about how that all works. If you would have known some more info on pinion angles you would have known it was wrong as soon as you installed it. Both on the front and back.
Third, if you know there's a problem with your truck after installing a mod, don't just ignore it and drive the truck anyway. Get under there and find out what the problem is. I still have no idea why the rear control arms that came with the kit didn't work for you... that seems really odd to me. But the fact that you knew there was a problem and still drove it which wrecked your U-joints is 100% your own fault.

So again, I'm not trying to start a huge argument here or anything. I'm just saying that lots of the problems you have had easily could have been prevented. And there are people out there that need to know that IMO... so that's why I'm posting this. Yes there's always the possibility of issues when you're doing a mod like a suspension lift. But there are TONS of guys running the RCX kit that have absolutely no problems at all. I don't think it's fair to be completely throwing RCX under the bus like that when some of the problems you've been having are your own fault.

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2 | Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover | 5000K Morimoto HID's (lows and fogs)
H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | 4.56 AAM/Yukon Gears | S&B Intake | Instagram: @brandonjansen
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's