Old 08-01-2013, 09:24 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2007 dodge power wagon
Trim Level: power wagon
Color: black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:68
mb power wagon will become famous soon enough

the only way the tap water would hurt the cooling system is when it heats up. simpleguy was right when he said the minerals from tap water will cause deposits inside the cooling system. but if your just flushing the cooling system it will be fine. the block don't hold too much. not enough that it will hurt anything if there is still alittle bit in the block after your done. and yea coolant always flows through the heater core. it's just the blend doors that direct air through the heater core or a/c core or just outside air. if you have the a/c on and the truck running grab one of the heater hoses it will be hot if the engine is hot. if your worried about leaving any tap water in the block, get 2 extra gallons of distilled water and with all the hoses back on put both gallons in the rad and run the engine for a min or two. than drain the rad again and your good. but i wouldn't worry about the little bit left in the block if there is any at all. i'm thinking the engine might hold about 2 gallons. but i could be wrong.