Thread: Within a brand
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2013, 10:59 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 1999 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2001-2003 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 24-Valve Diesel I6 235hp 460lb/ft (manual and auto)
Rep:177
richmond has a spectacular aura aboutrichmond has a spectacular aura about
Default Note,................. the answer

Occasional load or constant hauling. However note others will remind you on engine life, rebuilds etc. on gassers vs. diesels/Cummins. I saw a guy the other day with a 2500 Hemi loaded to the gills with tools, diesel fuel etc. On fleet vehicles, it's 5 year write offs for equipment (auction time).

Both the Cummins and the Hemi have their place in the working environment. I believe the diesels slide more toward working while Hemi's can do both. Now I'm sure there are off road diesel enthusiast but listen, you need your ball joints, track bars, tie rod ends and pitman arms to get 15k loads up and down a mountain (consistently).

Yeah I have one that's slightly lifted and 4x4, but I don't take it off road (I've got a Ram 1500 5.9 4x4 gasser for that, that weighs 2,300 LBS. less). I use the 4x4 in a diesel to get a load up my 1800' drive on a 2 & 1/2 to 1 slope for vehicle off load. But I'm sure there's enthusiast out there that want to stick'em in the woods and mud wholes (personal preference I guess).

I think the Hemi has the place (and I've found it, and with me it's a matter of time). The Hemi is the option for occasional loads and all other things, the Cummins, it's a beast for hauling. Personal opinion here guys. R...

Last edited by richmond; 08-03-2013 at 11:06 PM. Reason: oops