Old 08-04-2013, 12:53 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 RAM Laramie LongHorn Mega
Trim Level: LaramieLongHorn Mega
Color: bright white
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:10
semlohde is on a distinguished road

gantman - I've talked with the dealer owner twice and the service manager 4 or 5 times. The right thing isn't going to happen. Polite, nice, yes sir - lots of that. And a Megacab Laramie Longhorn diesel doesn't just pop up. I find several all around Memphis - 50 to 150 miles away. But mention get me another one and the topic rapidly changes to wow, that's unreasonable and we'll get you taken care of when it comes in. So they offer to pay this months payment. OK. And that keeps them happy just waiting till August 27th that I was told to expect. And the case manager offered a zero deductible engine, transmission, power train lifetime warranty - and I took it. When I went to the VP, that didn't show and he offered a 7/100,000 max care service contract. I said I already was paying for a 5/100,000 bumper to bumper with 4 years oil changes and GAP - he said he saw the oil changes and GAP but no 5/100,000. He did call the dealer I learned and was told I DID have it - but he never called me back. SURPRISE! So I get to wait and have no where else to say just keep this one and get me another. I mean it was built last month - well now 2 months ago, was just on their lot. I couldn't have built one better. Hate to give up that lifetime power train service contract that vanished! But I'm at their mercy and the fun is gone. Thinking of the very same truck with a crew cab I traded- DANG was this dumb. Better torque, heavier load, bigger back seat area but this 8.4AN isn't the radio my DVD playing 730N screen was. Well, in my 40 minutes of driving it these 2 weeks it didn't seem to be. If anyone from Chrysler reads these things and think this is negative, its perception. And it's not a really positive experience! This "we're searching for a transmission" has a REAL nasty sound. I want one out of the factory door when it's made. Too tired to keep rambling - sorry for so much of the same stuff over and over....