Old 08-04-2013, 11:43 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 12 Ram 1500 Bighorn SLT
Trim Level: Big Horn SLT
Color: molten red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:29
02325 is on a distinguished road

I understand the OP situation. I have worked in the auto industry since jan of 00 being a tech. NOW I have only worked for BMW and now currently Mercedes. I have been the tech for a customer that has had a major failure like OP has. Customer bought a brand new (not his first BMW either) 03 BMW 530. Less than 5k miles the number 4 cyl drops an exhaust valve and destroys the entire eng. The head is holding the block together. It took us 4 mths to get an eng for this customer. This eng was also put in the X5 (which are built in Spartanburg, SC) but we couldn't get one. THE dealers nor BMW have a way of getting parts from the factory. BMW did give the customer a CPO warranty, 100k maintence plan and paid the monthly payments. The customer could not get a new car cause the 04 (new body style) was out and no dealer had the old body style on the lot. Plus the customer didn't want a 04.

You are basically at the mercy of makers. taking a trans out of 1 truck to put in another will NOT happen. NOW I could see them giving the customer another truck, NO matter where is comes from. I have even seen customer get an upgrade on a vehicle due to part issues.

I hate to say it but sh!t happens. I know you are out of you truck until you get a trans, but this is life. Its not fair. SO it just a waiting game at the moment. Please keep us updated on what happens and how long it takes.