Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 RCSB
Color: Red
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:69
USAF Long will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to USAF Long

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRamHemi View Post
Stalling it up at the line typically kicks in torque management and pulls timing (BAD)
and you will most likely bogg off the line. But try it both ways for yourself and get back to us.

Everyone I know who races a 4G Ram, myself included,
find its best to flash the torque converter from idle at launch....rev's no higher than 1000 rpm.

If you want to leave at a higher rpm,
an aftermarket higher stall torque converter is the BEST way to get around torque management.
(and even then you smash the gas from idle, no holding it back by braking)

as far as the rest goes, use tow haul mode, traction control off
put it in D and smash the gas on the last yellow (never wait for the green light)
I'm going to look into the Edge converter for sure. I'd like to eventually swap to 4.56 gears as well. I'm looking to run 22" SRT-10 wheels for the street and 17" wheels for the track and lower my truck 2/4 if not 3/5.

I've been drag racing for years, just was curious about how to get the most out of this truck. I see some guys post 92-94 mph trap speeds while others post 99+ trap speeds and I wonder why the difference. They can't be making that much more hp than one another stock to stock to account for the difference in mph so it has to be the way they are shifting these trucks.