Old 08-05-2013, 12:02 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 1991 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Unknown
Color: Blue
Engine: 1988-1991 318ci (5.2L) LA V8 140hp
Rep:10
Nabby is on a distinguished road
Default Frame straightening information?

I have a 91 D-150 I recently got from my grandpa. He was in a minor collision not long before he gave it to me, T-boned someone just hard enough to crack the grill and bend in the bumper a little at the license plate. He said he thought the frame was bent so he paid a shop to have it straightened, and he thinks they did more damage than the accident. Both of the fenders now are all crumpled where the bumper attaches to them and one of the amber lights is now shattered. I had thought that was accident damage, but he assured me it wasn't like that until after the "repair"... and this is a small shop hours from where he and I now live.

Well now the truck pulls to the right pretty hard, and at first I thought that was due to a broken spring - which I haven't replaced just yet, but I found both springs are broken in the same place in the coil. Looking at it from behind, the truck still seems to lean on it's right, I also noticed that the driver's side front wheel sits closer to the front of the wheel well, and the passenger's front sits closer to the rear of the wheel well, and the passenger side wheel has an outward lean at the top (bad camber). Does this sound like the frame is still messed up? Should I consider it repairable? What kind of costs should I expect for the work?

I'm willing to go up to maybe $3000 in repairs on this truck, as it was given to me for free, has sentimental value, and under 70k miles on the engine.
Sponsored links