Old 08-05-2013, 11:23 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member
Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Mineral Gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
BravoFoxtrot is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Grubrunner View Post
What good is it that your dealership documents these issues you don't "really care about" without asking them to address them?

Anyway, can you post pictures of what you're claiming is 5/8th of an inch off center as far as your cabin goes?
Bubbles and runs are prime locations for corrosion. As with any manufacturing defect, it's wise to show these to the service department as soon as they are found or as soon as possible. In my case, I'd rather have it documented that I brought the vehicle in for the paint defects than to submit the truck for the extensive work required to repair it. Hence why I'm not concerned about it the moment. I believe most are cosmetic at the moment and not in dire need of repair. I would have thought this was common sense?

As for the pics, I'll post one of the bed/cab misalignment.

It doesn't really bother me. This is the first truck out of many where I've noticed this. I'm curious what the acceptable tolerances or margins are for something like this. I'm also curious as to what others' experiences are/were when a similar issue was brought to a service department's attention.