View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 11:08 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2608
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

Just before my vacation trip
the dealership saw that the rear pinion seal was leaking
repaired under warranty

my bitch is that they did not clean up the fluid that was slung all over the gas tank, etc.
i ran through a lot of rain on my trip & hopefully most of the leaked fluid is gone now

i will be going in for a service while still on the East Coast, I will request that they wipe off any remaining rear differential fluid, if they say it will be an extra charge, that is OK
I just want to see if the pinion seal is actually sealed. i will be speaking to my regular dealership when i return home to San Diego
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle