Trim Level: Express
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:15
bparsel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadweller View Post
Thanks guys....

By the way, what's involved with rebuilding this particular differential? Is bearings and seals sufficient, or should the ring and pinion also be replaced? How about the LSD? Does it make sense to replace the seals and bearings and leave the factory LSD in place, or will the clutch pack retainer clips eventually break and take out the rear end?

I'm inclined to see if they'll rebuild the rear end, and throw in a DTT if I pay for the part...That would take care of things for many miles, right?

Standard would be Pinion bearings, and inner carrier bearings and seals. Its VERY rare for rear wheel bearings to need to be replaced on these trucks. Its impossible to say whether the ring and pinion, pack, spider gears etc will need to be replaced. Only way to know is to visually inspect them etc.

If they cover the cost of the rebuild then I would go for it. DTT is a great option if theyll agree to install it during the rebuild. In the grand scheme of things a rear end rebuild isnt really that big of a deal.