Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 3500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Maximum Steel Matallic
Rep:62
crabjoe will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by teflon74 View Post
really yankee!?!??! They are trying to get that system up and running as a perk to those who order. It is not meant for daily tracking and really is purely a nicety they don't have to do. If you had any idea as to what goes on daily at any assembly plant you would understand why its not working (it is change over) right now. Really I think a simple ETA from the dealer should be enough. Be patient man stress kills.
Getting VOTS to be accurate should be fairly easy. The data is already available to dealers, so collecting the date isn't the issue. This issues is the way they set it up..

All they need to do is point the website to connect to the database that supplies the dealerconnect system or have that system push the same data to the database that VOTS uses...

Then it's just a matter of a query ... and the web code...

Shouldn't be hard for someone at Chrysler to do... You just need to get management on board to approve the change.

If and when VOTS is fixed, it would probably save them a coin by reducing the number of calls into their call center. 20 years ago, when I worked in a call center, it cost the company an average of, I think, $8 for every call that came in.... Probably costs more these days, assuming the call center is in the US.....

Last edited by crabjoe; 08-08-2013 at 01:20 AM.