Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 4x4 Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:40
Designflaw is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAA View Post
So, I just went to Discount Tire to order the above for my hopefully soon to be shipping 2013 Ram 1500. At 34.7" x 11."7 that seems like just about the perfect size for the factory 20" wheels on a leveled 1500.

But, no joy in Mudville...

Was told "special order", then, uh-oh, make that "back ordered special order". My guy called the mfg rep and he had no estimated time of arrival for them.

He was willing to order them for me. But, without knowing when/how long it would take, I declined. Besides just getting them in the first place, I have been known to shred a sidewall now and then, I'm money well ahead lifetime on tire certs. Would be a super PITA to ruin one and not even be able to it replaced for a week or two if the replacement had to be special ordered too.

Anyway, just thought I'd share, since this really does seem like the "just right" size for factory 20's and a leveling kit. Be nice if they were more available and there were more than just BFG AT's and Goodyear MT/R's to choose from.

I've actually been wishing for a "skinny" 35 for a long time. Would run a 35 x 11 on my Jeep if such a beast existed (I know, I know, but I want tires that are ROUND so Swampers don't count...).

- DAA
That is exactly what I want. They are available at various mail stores because I have called around. I just can't get off the 1600.00 price tag which seems to be about the average.

I love BFG's don't get me wrong, and I always run them, but I can almost get a set of new rims in 17 or 18" and good tires for that same price. So that's what keeps hanging me up.