View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 12:47 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2013 1500, CC/6'4", Hemi/8 spd
Trim Level: Longhorn
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:352
DAA is just really niceDAA is just really niceDAA is just really niceDAA is just really nice

Just counting trucks and 4x4's, not Radial T/A's on muscle cars, I've worn out at least ten sets of BFG's, mostly AT/KO's, but also the old KM's and newer KM2's. They do wear well, but not all that unusually well.

The Falkens I'm running on my DD right now look like they are probably going to outlast the BFG AT/KO's that were on it previously, for instance. As I noted above, I can get those Falkens in the same size for the new truck for WAAAAAY less money than the BFG's. And I really like the way the Falkens work, too. They just don't have ANY visual appeal to me though. Pure utility. Zero sex appeal. They look like a street tire. Just can't bring myself to put them on a brand new $45K truck. That's pride and vanity costing $$ for ya...

About 50K is as far as I've ever gotten out of a set of AT/KO's on one of my trucks, but that is pretty good, by my standards and compared to some other tires I have run over the years. But no better than some others, either - I've gotten that kind of milage out of others as well.

For how I use my trucks, all around, on and off road, empty and loaded, dry and wet, throw in looks to boot, I do find the good old BFG AT/KO pretty hard to beat. But, I've worn out enough of them and had enough shredded sidewalls and rocks going right through the face of the tre with them too, that I don't think they are really anything all that special. Just tires.

- DAA