Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
jeffpa is on a distinguished road
Default Question Regarding Trailer Tow Mirrors

Hi Everyone -

I have a quick question I was hoping someone could answer for me...

Does anyone know how much farther the optional trailer tow mirrors stick out from the truck than the standard mirrors?

I know the standard mirrors are 6x9 and searched the forums and other on line sites and I found out that the trailer tow mirrors are 7x11, so I know right away that the trailer tow mirrors are 2 inches wider than the standard mirrors.

But it also appears that the "arm" of the trailer tow mirror is longer, too...that there is additional spacing between the door and the body of the mirror.

I currently drive a 2012 Longhorn with the standard 6x9 mirrors, but I want to upgrade to a 2013 Longhorn to get some of the new "bells and whistles". Unfortunately, most of the 2013 Longhorns that are out the right now with the bells and whistles that I want also include the trailer tow mirrors as an option.

I typically do not tow a trailer and, when I do, I borrow a small one from a friend and do not really need the trailer tow mirrors. But I do park my truck in the garage every night and my garage just barely fits the truck. I may be able to maneuver the additional two inches of the trailer tow mirror body, but if there is an additional 2 or 3 inches of "arm" length between the mirror and the door, it may make it difficult for me to be able to live with the trailer tow mirrors on a daily basis.

Anyone that knows about how much additional distance we are talking about between the door and the edge of the mirror, your input would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!

- Jeff D. - Pittsburgh, PA
Sponsored links