Vehicle: White 2013 QC 4x4 BigHorn
Trim Level: BigHorn
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:14
Irv is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyofOne View Post
Its fixed for 2009+ ramns, I have yet to see one with rust unless it was on the chrome.

A good way to check is to yank your tailight housings real quick and shine a flashlight down inside the bed sides. You will be able to see what I am talking about, the seam where the outer fender meets the inner fender is where the problem was on the 3rd gens, and it should not be an issue (or as much of one) on the 4th gen.

Keep in mind that even with proper maintenance and prevention no vehicle will last forever in the salt belt. You guys up north basically drive through the ocean for half the year. When I lived in Watertown NY with my 09, every year I would remove the grille, headlights, tailights, side steps, wheel spats and wheel liners in the spring once I was sure the snow was gone and rinse the SHAT out of everything. Then I let it dry and undercoated the shat out of everything with permatex undercoat (from walmart). worked like a charm! If I ever end up living in the salt belt again I am just going to take the truck to lineX and have the underside and 3" up the rockers coated so I don't have to deal with it anymore.
Never heard of it referred that way before, but it is true.

If one can see down the inner fenders with a flashlight then I have no doubts my Rust Check guy coated the area good.

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.