Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black/Silver Two Tone
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:89
KnuckleHead will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Designflaw View Post
They are negotiable. The Dealership gets about 50% and the rest goes for the actual cost. I got my down pretty good but I also gave up some time and millage. Mine is 7 years 100,000 miles and cost about 1800.00 but it does include belts, gaskets and hoses, just not tires and brakes.

Then I have from the Dealer, the Original lifetime drive train but instead of inspections I have to have the oil changed at the dealership every 6 months or 5,000 miles for the life of the truck.

Also, know that there are some 3rd party companies that offer the same and are sold by dealers because they allow more profit so if it matters to you be sure to ask for the Mopar Factory extended warranty.
Great, thanks for all the info.

Are you required to buy the lifetime warranties at the time of purchase from the dealer you bought the truck from? I ask because when I bought my motorcycle, you could buy the extended warranty from any dealer. That was a great bargaining chip...kinda sucks if you have to get it from the dealer you buy the truck from...