Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Draze is on a distinguished road
Default Lift and Performance....

I have 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Sport looking to put on a 2-2.5” leveling kit to make room for some new 35” tires. I will also be adding a cold-air intake and performance chip to help improve fuel economy (that Hemi can suck some gas, but sure is fun stompin’ on the throttle) At present time rear w/w height is approx. 39-40” / front is approx. 36.5” and I have 33” tires on 20x11” rims. I figure a 2-2.5” lift will leave a little bit of rake for when I’m towing my trailer or have a load in the bed. Here are my questions, recommendations on type/brand of lift (i.e. Bilstein or Daystar): suspension vs. body? Should I go all out and purchase new shocks or just add in the puck-style spacers? With a 2-2.5” lift will that be enough clearance for the new 35” tire I want to put on? Onto the cold-air intake and performance chip, I’m leaning toward the K&N cold-air intake as I already have a K&N oil and air filter and prefer to keep things consistent; however I am unsure with little direction on the performance chip? Any and all suggestions/recommendation are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

~D.Maser

Sponsored links