Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 4x4 Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:40
Designflaw is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermes1 View Post
I agree and the concept makes sense to me. In fact I am guessing the only reason a catch can is not included in manufacturer, is the likely hood many owners would not check and drain as needed, thus creating problems. But if an engine related failure were to occur, it would not be out of the realm of possibility the warranty could be voided or the repair not covered by a dealers service department. I suspect it would depend on the individual service department... just a little cautious.

I see your concerns and counter with the following:

But seriously, to void the warranty they have to show cause and effect, I think they would be hard pressed to prove that a filter, same as on the oil and fuel created harm. The vapor is still circulating through the system, just not dirty. I will find out tomorrow though, going to the Dealer for an oil change so I will just ask. I have a feeling they are going to be more interested in the Air Grabber than the are the can