View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 07:49 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2015 Big Horn 3500 Cummins TD
Rep:2559
Hermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond repute

At first I was going to say that considering an average of 20-25K mileage per year, a diesel might be worth considering, until I re-read your post and see you only plan to keep it for 3+ years. If that is the case, I would say no because one of the pluses of diesels is longevity. So the added cost of a diesel (approximately 8K), the added expense ArmyofOne pointed out, just does not compute IMHO. On the other hand you did not mention how much your travel trailer weighs (GVWR) because if you are maxing out or close to it on your current truck, a case could be made for a diesel.