View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 07:31 PM
Dodge Ram Forum - Dodge Truck Forum - Dodge Ram Club

Vehicle: SRT-10
Color: Red
Engine: 2004-2006 505ci (8.3L) Viper V10 510hp 535lb/ft
Rep:434
Quiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enoughQuiet Lunatic will become famous soon enough

When I was in Navy boot camp in San Diego our barracks was located along the fence that separated us from MCRD San Diego. At times we would be cokin' and smokin' on the grass in front of the barracks and watch the Marine recruits on their cross country run in full gear run by not a hundred feet away. There were a lot of catcalls both ways. Years later I ran into a guy that had been on that other side of the fence. He told me he always wondered why he was busting his butt and we were kicking back earning the SAME pay.

I remember it being 10 days before I could do my duty there. Here all these years I assumed I was probably the only one that was affected like that. You guys have made me feel better about it - I can sleep better tonight

Duty stations - VP17 Barber's Point, Hi; VAQ 132 NAS Whidbey; AIMD Whidbey; VA 52 NAS Whidbey; VQ 5 NAS Guam/NAS North Island. Ships - USS Eisenhower, USS Carl Vinson, USS Enterprise, USS Independence, USS Kitty Hawk. Anyone else on the forums been there/done that?