View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013, 02:33 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 club
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Electric Blue
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:210
sonocativo has a spectacular aura aboutsonocativo has a spectacular aura aboutsonocativo has a spectacular aura about

I have been looking for drywall help, My wife suggested that I hire her nephew because he is in the carpenters union... We had a bit of an argument as I said he can be in the carpenters union but that doesn't make him a carpenter, just as well as a guy in the painters union, it doesn't make him a painter...My 3 year old son can paint, but he is not a painter...lol
Anyways after a bitter spat I hired the poor chap who swore up and down he can drywall as I told him its a 1925 house, nothing is squared/level.... so he has to compensate a lot... well, I left and came back after 8 hours, he had 2 sheets up and some scraps, didn't lay it the way I told him (vertical on ceilings since a full sheet will reach and vertical on the short walls since there would be a lot of waste going horizontal... so he did what he wanted after I left, but before I left I helped him measure and mark the first sheet to go up, and how he cut it too short is beyond me.
I told my wife about his crap work ( he was paid at the end of the day ) and I wasn't going to hire him for the rest as he is costing me money for waste of supplies and time. She didn't understand til she went over with me to look..well pictures will say it all. The step-son with his big mouth texts his cousin and he calls me with an attitude, so I straight up tell him No, you are not hanging the rest, I cant afford to buy more drywall. He says he was going to fix it the next day, I said you cant add on to what you already removed, Im serious, he missed the studs at both ends and thinks filling it in with mud will fix it....hell no, you don't listen for one, you do as you please for two... and youre wasting my time and money for third.....then lie in the beginning that you know your shit...Rrrriiiiggghhhhtttt...... well, enjoy these pictures of the typical FAIL....arrgggg it pisses me off now that it has to be redone and a waste of about 4 sheets. Hell he aint even cutting the window openings out.