Old 08-11-2013, 09:35 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Express
Trim Level: Express
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:63
S.C. Express will become famous soon enough

Sold my Ram so I thought I would give my final thoughts on my thread's subject. First off, I only ran 89 octane with no ethanol 95% of the time. She did see some cheap fuel from time to time, so that may affect my findings The Green Air filter and/or plus the heat killed my mpg's UNDER "spirited" driving conditions. It def. outflows the stock air filter by a lot. Using more gas means only one thing, the engine was getting more air to use so it was adding more fuel to the mix. Normal driving the mpg's stayed the same , maybe a tick better.
The Penzoil Platinum full synthetic was holding up nicely. I had 2k miles on it and the dip stick was still registering full. So no oil consumption to report. The oil had slightly turned color but no where near what the conventional Penzoil looked like @ the same check point. Now consider I ran my engine pretty hard, so some oil discoloration was to be expected.The K&N filter never leaked a drop and was only put on hand tight.
Final thoughts are I would recommend all three products. 120 bucks well spent. Hope that helps you new guys with your oil/filter questions.