View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 01:34 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Quad Cab
Trim Level: SLT 4x4
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:214
Gecko has a spectacular aura aboutGecko has a spectacular aura aboutGecko has a spectacular aura about

It's been a while since I updated my build thread so I figured I'd come back and show what I've done since my last post.

I finally got my exhaust done. Head to toe redoing. I went to Big Power Racing in Long Island and had them do my exhaust. I met the owner, Chris, at the New York Auto Show while I was there with a buddy of mine and me and him got to talking and he told me to give him a call during the week. When I called up he remembered who I was and we got to talking about my exhaust.

Originally I was going to run Pacesetter Longtube Headers into dual 3" DMH cutouts (cats deleted) into the Pacesetter 3" Offroad Y pipe into a SI/DO 14" Magnaflow muffler which was then going to have dual tips in front of each rear wheel. (That was a mouthful)

Instead Chris had to come up with a different plan because the gas tank is in the way and it wasn't possible without running a pipe under the gas tank (a few inches off the ground) and in front of the drivers side rear wheel. The plan changed to become a true dual exhaust. Each side being separate. So now it is Longtube Headers running back into 3" cutouts then into Magnaflow mufflers into dual tips in front of the rear wheel. That's on both sides.

Here's some pics to show what I mean

Header into 3" SS piping

Here's the piping running back into the cutout and then muffler

Here's the other angle of it as well as the dual tips

Here it is from the side of the truck

It looks like this on both sides. I bought the tips in gloss black and Chris painted some of the piping going from the tips towards the muffler black so that it would all go together a little more since he welded them together. The tips are dual 3.5" gloss black slant cut.