Old 08-12-2013, 12:31 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 2500
Trim Level: Power Wagon ST
Color: Mineral Gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:87
Trail Whale will become famous soon enough

I wouldn't ever do hockey pucks, period. They are not designed to handle the torsional forces that will be out on them as body lifting mounts, after all, they are hockey pucks! But, if I really got it into my head that I had to run them, I would only run one layer. Really, by the time you buy all the longer (properly graded) bolts to do the body lift, you'd likely be at about the same price just to buy an actual kit instead of going with pucks. Also, don't forget, you will have make brackets to raise your front and rear bumpers (those are usually included in an actual body lift kit), so you don't have ugly gaps between them and your body!

Looks wise- In my opinion, body lifts NEVER look good! I had one truck where a drivetrain swap would have necessitated a body lift to fit easily, I chopped out the entire tranny and t-case hump and had one custom done, just so that I could avoid running a body lift.

I think your truck looks GREAT as is! (I love regular cab shortbed trucks anyway!) The tires on it right now give a nice beefier than stock look to it! If I were you, and wanting to go 35s, I'd go with a small lift in the front, like maybe a torsion bar key leveling kit or something, and either add-a-leafs or some 1" zero rates out back, just to boost it up a little. (like to 2" you want from the body lift) That will add some more ground clearance under the frame, and you won't get the unsightly gaps that body lifts have! That's a dang sharp looking truck you've got their!!!!