Vehicle: 2013 RAM Big Horn 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:58
Spike will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
hm^ that's strange. We just took our wrangler up to my brother's house yesterday and got 20mpg avg. It was mostly 60mph-80mph highway. I tried to vary speed a lot as we only have under 300 miles on it. It has the stock wheels/tires(steel 16" wheels and 29" bicycle tires) and 3.21's though. I have found that it is very strong for a little v6. It's actually probably faster than my truck. According to google the wrangler with the 3.6L does 0-60 in something like 6.7 seconds. My truck is right at 7 seconds. That pisses me off LOL.
Ahh, that is exactly my point. When my Wrangler was stock, it was as you said above, good mileage and ran like a champ. But, add a 3" lift and agressive tires to the mix and the V6 suffered a whole lot more than I expected, even with the lower gears. Its fuel economy dropped like a rock and highway performance was poor. By poor I don't mean it was bad for a lifted Jeep but considering its power numbers on paper, it was dissapointing. I guess they engineered it to do its job well at a specific configuration but getting outside of that caused a big drop.

So, I wonder if you take the RAM, add a 2" or so leveling kit, a heavy bumper and some agressive tires (assuming they are close to stock height), if the fuel economy takes a big hit and highway speeds suffer.

Sorry to hijack the thread...