Old 08-12-2013, 09:25 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
wolfy53 is on a distinguished road
Smile 2013 Big Horn. New Ram Owner

Here is the full thread over in the 2012 section.
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=149815

But my dad just got a 2013 Big horn. His first new truck since 1990. Hes so excited. He's such a hard worker. Glad that he got to spoil himself a bit he deserves it

This deal was for a 2012 New yes New Limited. The local dealer had 2 of them on their lot. So my dad and I go in today to buy the truck. Their verbal quote of 40k wasn't going to happen. They wanted 40k after a trade in on a 06 tacoma with 35k miles.... Liars

It was funny the salesmen sat down with us then went to the managers and we could hear them talking. They said what 2012 rams? We don't have any on our inventory. I hear the salesmen explain, they said oh those 2 rams. They aren't on our inventory anymore we moved those over to loaner status. Meaning they aren't on their books anymore.

So they come back with just a joke of a price. 9k off and about 1/2 trade-in value. The new 2013's have 9k off right now... They have no desire to sell this truck. They ask for our price. So my dad writes down he wants the truck for 35, and he wants 15k for his. His actual number is 38k and 13k for his truck.

Funny thing is that my dad last year was just starting to look at new trucks both these limited 12's were on the lot then. The salesmen offered him 10k off over a year ago. Now a year later same exact trucks only 9k off. What a joke.

I know that we ticked him off when I told him "No wonder you still have 2 2012's, you don't want to sell these do ya?" He didn't think to much about that, but its so true. The 14's are on the way and 13's have 10k off even the lower trim level.

This gets the attention of the manager. He is just a jerk. I have seen some bad ones but he tops it. He basically told us to either leave or look at another truck. So we were headed out, they of course came back and and wanted to show us a 2013 in our "budget"

So they let us take this 2013 big horn out for an hour or so. Only offering 5k off the sticker of 42. Way way to high. So he took the truck back after a while with my mom and told them thanks but no thanks way to high still. Too bad. Their "best" offer again... Right.

So my mom and dad head to another dealer here in KC, yeah there are like 9. This one is a good dealer. Anyway long story short, well this part anyway, they walk out of there with a 2013 big horn, awesome truck. He likes the 2013 dash layout better and the tech is just fantastic.

Truck is the early 2013 with the 6 speed. Stickered for 43K They got the truck for 31,000 with 9k trade for their old truck, which was good to great. So out the door was 24K after tags & taxes. So a good 10k better then the first dealer for the second truck within his "budget"

My parents are very happy with the deal. They got a free set of running boards and installed next week. I am going to have his windows tinted for him next week also Great retirement gift from my mom to my dad.

Anyway on to the good stuff a nice pic.
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.

Enjoy
Thanks fell'as for the advice and time listening to the rant. Crazy crazy dealers.

Last edited by wolfy53; 08-12-2013 at 10:35 PM.
Sponsored links