Vehicle: 1994 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Cheap
Color: Multi
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:15
SyntaxNero is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by airforce26yrs View Post
I agree with almost everything you have said, and will not give up my guns without a fight.

The only thing that comes into question is the following: "3. I will NOT obey any order to detain American citizens as “unlawful enemy combatants” or to subject them to trial by military tribunal."

It is known that there are Americans (although not many) that are fighting with the enemy overseas. Would you not detain them if they were trying to kill you or members of your unit. There even may be citizens in the U.S. that are planning terrorist attacks on US soil, would you not detain them?

Good post.

If anyone, to include an American citizen, is actively engaging, then under ROE you always have the right to self defense. In another country, most all the rules change.
My statement is more directed to a home front action, like the Boston bombing. We had Police, SWAT and Military personnel kicking in every single door in a 4 mile area looking for one person. Pointing their weapons at American citizens’, shooting family dogs, tazing, pepper spraying and handcuffing citizens’ who refused to open their homes to personnel that had no writ or warrant, no legal grounds to enter. This is a direct violation of everything we swore to defend against. Makes me sick. Also makes me wonder that when Sh)^ hits the fan, it’ll look more like citizens’ and some military personnel against police, Military, DHS, SWAT, Etc.