Old 08-13-2013, 06:03 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram R/T
Trim Level: R/T
Color: Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:91
ttredraider78 will become famous soon enough

I just added an L3 in a custom Kicker made ported truck box powered by a Kicker DX250.1 monoblock amp to the 7 speaker Alpine system in the R/T. I got my refurbed amp, refurbed sub, and box off ebay for 199.95 through sound domain. They even included an amp kit. The nice thing about the R/T and possibly other models is that my factory amp was right there under the dash on the driver's side. I just T-tapped the 2 rear speaker inputs going into the Alpine amp for signal. I took those speaker wires and bought a JL Audio speaker wire to RCA conversion wiring thingamabob for $14.99 at a local audio dealer. This eliminated the need for a line output converter. The Kicker amp also allows for a High Level signal so that eliminated the need for a remote turn-on wire. Definately added some oomph the factory stereo. Sorry to be long winded, but I just wanted everyone to know how easy it is to add an amp and sub to the factory system. Took me about an hour total.
Mods-2013 R/T w/Moe's 87MM TB, JBA shorties, muffler delete, custom Y-pipe, 180 Tstat, TYC E-fan, SC Flashpaq/93 Tune, BT Catchcan, Modified stock intake, Volant intake tube/K&N filter, Kicker 250.1, Kicker L3 w/ ported Kicker box,Polk 3.5's, Limo tint, Truxport bedcover, lowered 2" in back