randomid25 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabjoe View Post
What are you talking about?

I agree with you completely!!
I hear ya. My last post was directed at mexi
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexi View Post
After all that ...it's still going to be a slug. Same tq and 155 less hp you can present it any way you want it still going to be left by the hemi. The tq curve of the hemi is early and flat for a gas motor as well.

You can argue all you want. my argument and opinion will remain unchanged ...you can't sell me on it. It will be a disappointment.
I'm not trying to sell you on it. I know plenty of guys like you and you'll never change your mind. Just giving everyone else an opposing opinion based on what info I can find on this engine at the moment instead of just saying this thing will suck or it will the the best thing since sliced bread with no reasoning behind it. I'll be ordering one. If I don't like it when it comes in, I may wind up with a hemi. I've driven 8sp hemi trucks already and they are very nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tshepp View Post
Wow, those kind of numbers out of a tune would be incredible. It would lag the Hemi with about 80hp but beat it out with 110 tq but I'd like to see how safely that 3.0l can be pushed with mods and tuning. The Eco Diesel will be $3k more than an equally equipped Hemi but after you throw a lift, tune, and big tires on an Eco Diesel you probably still beat out the stock Hemi in mpg. Of course it would be foolish for me to buy a Hemi or Eco Diesel simply looking at fuel economy, but I plan to mod it and just seems that the Eco Diesel might be a better option to handle bigger tires and lift...
Like I said, I'm not sure how long it will take for tunes to come around, but since it uses the same ecm as the euro version and there are tunes available for it right now, I don't think it will take all that long. In the diesel power write up they did on the 3.0, Gale Banks seems to think it has the potential of 500-600 hp. I doubt that is on stock internals, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramzaq View Post
I guess to get an idea of how fast it might be, we should look at the Cherokee with 3.0 and 3.42 rear (?). The Jeep weighs less but not that much less and did 7.7 seconds 0 to 60 and 16 seconds in the quarter. Not the quickest skateboard out there but not that slow either.
I was looking at this, too. Not too bad in a fairly large suv.

P.S. To mexi, the ecodiesel has MORE torque than the hemi in stock form. Not the same torque as you've said twice now.

Last edited by randomid25; 08-14-2013 at 01:42 AM.