View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 01:35 AM
God Bless Texas!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:2929
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSmart View Post
Hey I just noticed that the Duke is gone, though I do like the new quote! LOL.....

Language is funny, and me trying to blend it into my work circle sometimes has a rather funny outcome.

Thinking I was one of the last few who knew what "LOL" stood for a few years back, against my better judgement used it in an email to a work colleague in New Mexico...Rio Rancho to be exact.

Due to the length of the issue and the ease in which we could handle it, she decided to call me to expedite the situation.

At the close of our conversation she told me that she liked the "LOL" and the fact that none of her other counterparts had expressed "Lots Of Love" in an email to her before.

Well I guess the pregnant pause gave concern, because I could hear her blushing on the other end of the line. She quickly realized that LOL didn't stand for lots of love, but rather something different.

I too felt silly for having used it in an effort to seem "trendy", and quickly laughed and apologized for the mix up.

I did tell her that LOL stood for "Lots Of Laughs", but for her and I LOL would stand for "Lots Of Love".

To this day we still use LOL in a whole different context than most others.

Twitter will be my next major accomplishment!! Hahahahahaha.....
Oh boy... Where do I start? What time is it? Kewl, it's after midnight so it's officially a new day so I can award this story with the chuckle of the day...
Now, as far as the meaning of LOL... Perhaps the Canadian LOL is different than the US LOL because my understanding of the acronym LOL was Laugh Out Loud. I reckon that as long as 'laugh' is in the meaning, it's all the same. Sorry, I'm still chuckling about 'Lots of Love'. Anyway... crap, forgot what I was going to say next...

Edit: Now I remember... Yes, the Duke is gone but not forgotten. I had to change my signature back from the 2013 RAMFEST advertisement, so I thought I'd change it up a bit. Still got his quote in there though.

Last edited by RogerRamJet; 08-14-2013 at 01:39 AM.