View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 11:41 AM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram CC 4X4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: PX8 Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1769
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike226 View Post
Did you just do the fishing line to cut the badges off the adhesive? Heat or no heat?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Culler1983 View Post
Yeah buddy, just straight fishing line, sort of kept jigging it back and forth, no heat, and it would cut through the tape pretty good, make sure it's a strong test line though, as some of them are tough.

Then when you have the badges off, peel back a small corner and pull PARALLEL to the truck, this makes ALL the difference. Thanks to a board member for that piece of advice, saved me a LOT of time. As soon as you start, you will know what that means.

Then used a bit of Goo Gone and a rag to get the little bit of residue left over off. Piece of cake once you get going.
This is the method I used and have sent to each and every member asking.
It is what Chris is talking about above and I actually used Goof Off (from HD) vs Goo Gone as it didn't work quite well and required some elbow grease.
The Goof Off literally wiped off the left over gunk

Here is the video I share and have used to do mine a year ago
http://youtu.be/clI78qfUqlg
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!