Old 08-14-2013, 12:29 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 RCSB Express
Rep:97
mikennrg will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnu View Post
Anyone done this?

I read somewhere that once you get close to 6 in the rear you start running into trouble with the control arms bottoming out als so some custom work comes into play here also.

Realistically, how much work would it take to get a full 7 in in the rear? When tax time rolls around I want to something like this with my truck. Spindles will be up front also.

Possibly bags might come into play in the rear?

Let me hear some great ideas from you guys! I don't have experience when it comes to making stuff like this work. Let alone be reliable and comfortable.

This is the only reason I hate my truck. If ya wanna go low, it ain't easy....or cheap.
Looking at my truck I would need a notch where the control arm is and another where the axle is to be able to reach 7''. You would probably be better off doing a notch where the axle is and getting a custom 4 link that runs inside the frame to eliminate that clearance issue. You would really need adjustable control arms anyway for 7''. I haven't checked, but clearance inside the wheel well might be an issue with that kind of a drop.