Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:58
ptesmoke will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeysotp View Post
This doesn't necessarily prove anything, but my run in with an Ecoboost yesterday surprised me a little after all I hear about how fast they are. I was stuck behind some old broad for what seemed like forever and right behind me was an Ecoboost F150. I could tell he was getting heated, and I was annoyed about the car in front of me as well as the the guy behind me on my bumper like there was something I could do. Suddenly the road splits to 3 lanes and the car in front stays in the middle. I took the left and the F150 tries the right which was for turning right only. I waited for him to nail it and I did the same. I pulled on him pretty good. I was kind of walking away from him from 40mph right up to about 80 and then I let off and watched him go flying by like he was proving a point. Too many variables to say this actually proves anything but I certainly wasn't pissed on like I expected.

Note: I have the dreaded 6spd 3.55 combo too.
heh, good on ya I agree, there seems to be a misconception about the ecoboosts. Stock vs stock i think we have them, now a tuned ecoboost vs a stock hemi...most likely a different story. I have pretty much the same experience with my buddy's '13 EB FX4, I have a '13 6 speed/3.92 LSD and off the line i make him look like an old mazda 323, this is stock vs stock, but now with my CAI I'd say he doesnt stand a chance