View Single Post
Old 08-15-2013, 02:53 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Laramie Crew Cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Dark Cherry
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:162
anothernewb has a spectacular aura aboutanothernewb has a spectacular aura about

inconsistent boost pressures and turbo lag are why I love superchargers. True, turbos can be tuned far in advance of blowers, and there are some incredible turbo setups out there. it's also true that parasitic loss and heat soak are the primary limiting factors on blowers

- but all the really big dogs of the racing sport, use blowers for a reason. instant, on demand boost. if the motor's turning - so is the blower. With their linear pressure curves and always positive displacement, I'm surprised that towing rigs don't use them more. turbo lag to me seems counter intuitive when you need torque, and right now.

I know on the toyota forums and from personal experience, adding a blower - when tuned correctly, actually improves gas mileage against the N/A version of an identical rig. Back in my modding days I had a supercharged regal that would yank the wheel right outta your hand from torque steer if you nailed it and weren't paying attention

Livin life one truck payment at a time.