View Single Post
Old 08-15-2013, 10:35 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 1500 Sport Quad 4x4
Color: Black
Rep:3
nastytls is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry, but I know exactly what GAP is and it's covered under my auto policy for a fraction of what the sheisters at the dealer want for it. So it's you that doesn't know what they are talking about. To the other twits that attacked me, maybe you should "STFU" until you've had a talk your auto policy supplier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailcat View Post
If you think GAP is a scam then you don't know what GAP is. GAP will cover the difference between what you owe and what the insurance will pay for a total write off. It can be one of the best insurances you can purchase.
GAP may not be for everybody. If you are financing most of the purchase or if you think the value of truck of the truck (anytime during the finance period) is less than what you owe, then GAP is for you. If for whatever reason the truck is written off and you owe more more than the insurance company will pay then you are on the hook for the balance and if the bank finds out the truck is totaled then they will demand the difference now. This amount could easily be several thousand to many thousand dollars.
And talking about insurance companies, in the last 10 years they have been paying less and less for write offs. They will use whatever valuation is the lowest at the time and no matter how much talking you do with them they will not increase the pay out.
You will normally pay around $600.00 for GAP but I have paid as low as $299.00 from the credit union I financed my last truck through. And that may be an option, if the dealer wants more that $600, talk to your bank and see if they offer it.
I had GAP on the last 2 trucks because I financed most of the vehicle. I do not have GAP on this truck because I put a substantial amount down.
GAP is a great investment if purchased for the right reasons.

Last edited by nastytls; 08-15-2013 at 10:40 PM.