View Single Post
Old 08-16-2013, 12:42 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 98 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:112
98hemi-ram will become famous soon enough98hemi-ram will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the compliments. I didn't have to do any body mods to the truck at all. The only thing I had to modify was the mounts on the frame that the motor mounts sit in. I had to cut the notches deeper to give the TB clearance up top and to level the motor out. Tranny used my factory 98 mount. Now you being 4x4 some stuff might be different but I'm sure it should still be pretty easy to get it in there.

You will need to upgrade to and 01-02 Dakota gauge cluster for the gauges to work since the Hemi and your 5.2 PCM run on a different BUS system and will not talk to each other.
The Dakota gauge cluster will fit right into your existing gauge cluster spot and does not require any cutting. However you will need to do a bit of rewiring on the connectors to make them work. One thing I will say is spend the money and have Chris at hotwireauto.com build you a harness. Chris is a great guy to deal with and was more than willing to help answer any questions I had. They aren't cheap but definitely saved me a ton of headaches trying to figure out the wiring and was basically all plug and play.

If you need your emissions stuff working then you'll have to upgrade the EVAP system to the newer one as well. I just picked that stuff up last weekend and just need to get it installed now and I should be running engine code free after that. I also lost my cruise control and ABS stuff which I'm also workin on getting the cruise back up and working again now as well. But other than these minor things everything seems to be working like factory.