Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 3500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Maximum Steel Matallic
Rep:62
crabjoe will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDorr View Post
Does anyone know if remote start is an option for the 2014 Ram 2500 Outdoorsman or a standard feature? On 2013 it was standard I believe but when I put in my order I had to "option" it. Don't want to pay for something that I would have gotten anyhow. If it is standard think I will just shift the money over to have them do the upgrade to the Nav system from what it comes with.
Becareful when you order... Chrysler's order system isn't 100%, so at times, it'll allow you to add an option that is standard and you will be billed for it....

I have 2 examples that happened to me... And I've actually seen one on a window sticker.

On Ram HD, you can order the "Protection package" which is just a transfer case skid. The transfer case skid also comes with the "HD Snow Plow prep package." Chrysler's system will allow you to add both and I've seen it on window stickers, where both chargers were on there.

On 14MY Ram 3500 Laramie trim, Park Assist is standard. When I placed my order, Park Assist was showing as an option that I could add... In fact, I added it, then dropped it because all I really need is the trailgate camera.

I just got my build info sheet and Park Assist was showing... I was like... WTH?, I didn't order it. I looked up the standard features and sho-nuff, it was a standard feature for the Laramie trim...