Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 ram 1500 sport CC 6'4"
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:14
Reyther is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabjoe View Post
When I get the itch to know, it seems it's always after the dealer has closed... But the bigger question is, why does Chrysler not provide their reps with the info, that they are there to give? It seems kinds of crazy for Chrysler to give the number, on their VOTS site for Ram CS, if they can't look it up...

You are probably in just BX status, meaning good order and parts but awaiting dealer allocation. I was in the same situation before given VIN. When you give CS your VON it just allows them to use associated VIN to look at status. If no VIN is established then they see nothing in their "systems". Even a supervisor was unable to check on it for me. Dealer should be able to pull up the priced order confirmation that should show your status code. You should hope to be in BX before reaching D status. I was BX for 35 days before hitting D. D status means they have your parts and allocation. 5 days later I am now currently in D1 meaning I have an estimated build date/ship date. You could also use the contact us from the ram website, they usually were able to find out for me but it will be a generic copy/paste of what i told you about awaiting allocation. If you have already been given a VIN and then they are now unable to find your order, well, that would have me worried. Hope this helps, this is just what I have gathered from my ordering experience so far. Also, I received my first email from Chrysler once I hit D status and then again when I hit D1.