Old 08-17-2013, 11:22 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT Quad Cab 4x4
Color: Flame Red Clearcoat - R4
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
hollonator is on a distinguished road

I currently have a Flowmaster 50 Series HD dual in/dual out on my Hemi and I love it. It is a moderate deep tone that is much nicer than stock, but its not so loud that I can't hear anything else (ie. radio). It is much louder on the outside than on the inside. I left the stock cats and cut the factory Y-pipe out. Now it is 2 separate pipes coming off of the manifolds, running through their own respective cats, and separately run into the dual in muffler. Eventually I will add long tube headers and run 3" piping.

On my 1979 Dodge Warlock II (408 Stroker) I run true dual Flowmaster Super 44's with 3" mendrel pipes and an X-pipe. Obviously there are no cats due to the age of the truck, but regardless...I have shattered my own rear window 3 times. You do not want that kind of exhaust for a daily driver or on long trips.

Flowmaster has always done well with both sound and performance for me. For only one or the other, I suggest Borla (any model) for "performance only". Borla doesn't always sound the best (raspy) but cannot be beat on performance. I suggest glass packs for "sound only". Once they are broke in they do not rattle as much as people are afraid they do. I ran a set of true dual 12" long glass pack "Big Bores" (true 3" all the way through) for years and loved them after they were broke in.

I guess the biggest starting point is...how much are you willing to spend?

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Hemi 4x4
Custom Flowmaster 50 Series HD Exhaust

Last edited by hollonator; 08-17-2013 at 11:30 AM.