Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge 2500 Mega Cab
Trim Level: deluxe
Color: Grey with Silver trim
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:10
ATL Cattle is on a distinguished road
Default Cracking exterior bed wall on 2012 Ram 2500

I bought my truck ( 2500 Mega Cab diesel ) a year and a half ago, all decked out, headache rack, bed rails, foot rails, bumper guard, goose neck hitch and bed liner. Love the truck, however .....

Have 22,000 miles on it and noticed the exterior of bed is cracking on both driver and passenger side, under the bed rail, about 4 " from the front of bed, and there are no bolts near the cracks ! No help yet from Chrysler, other than two dealerships calling in, and relaying the message that this is not a warranty issue.

The dealer that sold me the truck, with the accessories installed is "hiding" from me, not wanting to offer any help or solution, saying that there have been many buyers who installed bed rails and tool box that are having the same issue. This dealer no longer will install the headache rack and bed rails.

Anyone having this issue and any success with Chrysler owning up to this defect ? Today, I now notice the very front corners of the bed, on both sides are also cracking, YIKES !
Sponsored links