View Single Post
Old 08-17-2013, 10:59 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

PEX is fine, although there are good and bad PEX products. Modern ones seem to be good, but in the 80's if you do some research many were VERY prone to leaking. Also, the way the joints are crimped, makes me uneasy. I know they seem to hold up, but it's more of a "it looks like it's going to leak" thing to me. I'd have no problem using it, though.

FYI, that is not correct about the hard bends. You lose almost no pressure in a hard 90 degree bend. You are thinking of non pressurized flow. Pipe's under pressure lose almost nothing in a hard bend. We dealt with this in plumbing pools where we alwasy thought it'd be better to use multiple 45's instead of a 90, but we were proven wrong and actually got in trouble for doing so as we were creating more joints which means more likely to leak. They showed us pressure test data that was nearly identical with hard 90's, 45's, 22.5's, and straights and they were basically the same.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.