Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 3500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Maximum Steel Matallic
Rep:62
crabjoe will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyther View Post
You are probably in just BX status, meaning good order and parts but awaiting dealer allocation. I was in the same situation before given VIN. When you give CS your VON it just allows them to use associated VIN to look at status. If no VIN is established then they see nothing in their "systems". Even a supervisor was unable to check on it for me. Dealer should be able to pull up the priced order confirmation that should show your status code. You should hope to be in BX before reaching D status. I was BX for 35 days before hitting D. D status means they have your parts and allocation. 5 days later I am now currently in D1 meaning I have an estimated build date/ship date. You could also use the contact us from the ram website, they usually were able to find out for me but it will be a generic copy/paste of what i told you about awaiting allocation. If you have already been given a VIN and then they are now unable to find your order, well, that would have me worried. Hope this helps, this is just what I have gathered from my ordering experience so far. Also, I received my first email from Chrysler once I hit D status and then again when I hit D1.
Thanks for your insight, but I already knew how Rams ordering codes worked.... This 14My order is actually my 4th order with Chrysler.

My frustration has to Chrysler not giving their CS reps the access they need to properly service their customers... It really blows when they offer a service to check your order, but can't.

BTW, I'm in D status and have been there for a week now... I got my VIN from Ram CS... One of their reps go it for me, when I called in the past... I'm just getting antsy because my original '13 order pretty much disappeared and I had gotten word that another guy who order a '14MY a week after me, is already D1 status with a estimated ship date of 9/2...