View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013, 04:43 AM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Rep:2051
brandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond reputebrandonjansen has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, a 17x9 -12 offset will work no problem.

Offset is the distance of center that they mounting surface is in the wheel. It is directly related to backspacing. It either pushes the wheel/tire out further giving you more clearance on the inside (negative offset or less backspacing). Or tucks the wheel and tire under the truck more giving you less clearance on the inside (positive offset or more backspacing)

I'm running 20x9 -12 offset wheels with 35x12.5 Toyo MT's. My wheel/tire thread linked in my signature has lots of pictures and information about how far they stick out. Your set up will stick out about the same, your tires will just be shorter.