View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013, 09:38 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by txrobtrx View Post
Grubrunner - i have a ridiculously newbie question. How easy is the install for someone with virtually no mechanical ability? I can follow directions and take my time, but no one will ever mistake me for a mechanic?
You really don't have to be mechanically inclined or even a handyman of some type to successfully install the S&B CAI. S&B Filters have made it as easy as possible with minimum fuss for all.

S&B Filters' have provided a brilliant installation instructions in the package. They are real life pictures and not artist's photos. As I mentioned in the OP, if you can follow directions, then you will have zero problems installing the intake. Just take your time, follow each step per the numbers outlined and you'll be fine.

PM me if you have any issues and we can swap numbers and I'll be happy to assist you on the phone where I can. Or, if you prefer, PM me and I can give you S&B Filters' head techs contact number and you can call him directly for assistance.

As I mentioned before on these boards, removing the OEM intake and assembly takes more time and patience than installing the S&B intake. Once the OEM is removed, it's a straight run home with zero fitament issues.

You won't have problems regardless of your ability to successfully identify and distinguish needle-nose pliers from/to bull-nose pliers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by txrobtrx View Post
Also, has anyone tried painting the S&B CAI to match their engine cover? I am going to paint my engine cover soon and wondering if I should do both at once?
I, myself, have never painted any S&B CAI's I've owned over the years but have seen it performed two times on two different vehicle/models.

One was on a 2006 F150 and the other on an early model GM pickup. Both looked real sharp. Just remember: prior preparation work is what it's all about whenever attempting to undertake ANY res-pray/painting task.

Hope someone who has, can chime in for you.

Good luck.

Grub out!