Old 08-18-2013, 03:59 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Doadge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Sagebrush
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:57
hostyle34 will become famous soon enough

I am an authorized installer with DipYourCar.com so I buy all my stuff through them. They have a pre-thinned dip called Ready Dip Spray, best stuff there is. I use an Earlex 3500 sprayer with the standard tip. I think its a 1.5 or 1.8 not quite sure, I just used the tip that came with the gun. As far as gun settings, I always have it set at around 2 clicks below 50% and use the same technique as I do with rattle cans. First 2 coats are light dusting to get a good base for the dip to adhere to. Then 4-6 heavy coats that create a uniform "wet" surface. Almost to the point of running but just short of it.

As far as the ram head stencil, I pulled it off the internet and printed it out the size I wanted. I traced it on some frisket film and layed it on the dipped surface I wanted to keep the color of. I them sprayed the white with pearl over it, around 2 coats. While the dip is still wet you carefully pull the frisket film off and the finished product is what you see. As long as you put 6+ coats of dip on, you can use painters tape on it and it shouldnt peel the dip off. I do it all the time for stripes and whatnot and have never had the tape peel any dip off.